HIFO Web Site Accessibility
We are continually seeking solutions that will bring all areas of this website up to the same level of overall accessibility and provide a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience. In the meantime, should you experience any difficulty in accessing the website, please do not hesitate to contact Justin Finestone, Film Commissioner at 808-323-4705, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to Non-HIFO (Third Party) Web Pages/Sites
The links on this site may let you leave the HIFO web pages. Linked web page(s) not in the “hawaiiislandfilm.com domain” are not under the control of HIFO. HIFO is not responsible for the contents of non-HIFO web pages or any link(s) contained on those web pages, or any changes or updates to those web pages. HIFO provides such links solely as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by HIFO.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
Reference herein to any specific commercial products, processes, or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the County of Hawaii or HIFO, or any of its employees or contractors.
The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the County of Hawaii nor HIFO, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
The County of Hawaii does not endorse any commercial product, process, or activity identified by this web site nor through its agreements with non-government entities.
Disclaimer of Liability
With respect to information available from this web page, neither the County of Hawaii nor any of its employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose; nor assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed; nor represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.
Notice of Monitored Use
Information from this web page resides on a computer system funded by a County of Hawaii agency.
The use of this computer system may be monitored for computer security purposes.
Any unauthorized access to this system is prohibited and is subject to criminal and civil penalties under State and/or Federal Laws including but not limited to Public Laws 83-703 and 99-474.
Guidelines for the Use or Reproduction of HIFO Materials Obtained From HIFO Web Pages
HIFO generally has no objection to the reproduction and use of HIFO material (e.g., audio transmissions and recordings; video transmission or recordings; still or motion picture photography; or World Wide Web pages), subject to the following conditions:
- You may use HIFO imagery, video and audio material if it is for educational or informational purposes, including photo collections, textbooks, public exhibits and Internet Web pages.
- This general permission does not include the HIFO insignia logo or the HIFO logotype. These images may not be used by persons who are not HIFO employees or on products (including web pages) that are not HIFO sponsored.
- HIFO material may not be used to state or imply the endorsement by HIFO or by any HIFO employee of a commercial product, service, or activity, or used in any manner that might mislead. If the HIFO material is to be used for commercial purposes, especially including advertisements, it must not explicitly or implicitly convey HIFO’s endorsement of commercial goods or services. If a HIFO image includes an identifiable person, using the image for commercial purposes may infringe that person’s right of privacy or publicity, and permission should be obtained from the person.
- HIFO should be acknowledged as the source of the material.
- It is unlawful to falsely claim copyright or other rights in HIFO material.
- HIFO shall in no way be liable for any costs, expenses, claims, or demands arising out of the use of HIFO material by a recipient or a recipient’s distributees.
- HIFO does not indemnify nor hold harmless users of HIFO material, nor release such users from copyright infringement, nor grant exclusive use rights with respect to HIFO material.
- HIFO material is not protected by copyright unless noted. If copyrighted, permission should be obtained from the copyright owner prior to use. If not copyrighted, HIFO material may be reproduced and distributed without further permission from HIFO.
- Some HIFO material may incorporate music or footage that is copyrighted and licensed for the particular HIFO work. Any editing or otherwise altering of the work may not be covered under the original license, and therefore would require permission of the copyright owner.
- HIFO does not endorse or sponsor any commercial product, service, or activity.
- Use of the HIFO name or initials as an identifying symbol by organizations other than HIFO (such as on foods, packaging, containers, signs, or any promotional material) is prohibited. The only exceptions are noted immediately below. — HIFO does permit the use of the HIFO Logo and Insignia on novelty and souvenir-type items. However, such items may be sold and manufactured only after a proposal has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Hawai‘i Island Film Commissioner. HIFO does not grant anyone exclusive rights to use any of the office identities.
- HIFO emblems should be reproduced only from original reproduction proofs, transparencies, or computer files available from HIFO. Please be advised that approval must be granted by the Film Commissioner (see above) before any reproduction materials can be obtained.
- HIFO personnel are not authorized to sign indemnity or hold harmless statements, releases from copyright infringement, or documents granting exclusive use rights.
- Photographs are not protected by copyright unless noted. If copyrighted, permission should be obtained from the copyright owner prior to use. If not copyrighted, photographs may be reproduced and distributed without further permission from HIFO. If a recognizable person appears in the photograph, use for commercial purposes may infringe a right of privacy or publicity and permission should be obtained from the recognizable person.
- Audio recordings are not protected by copyright unless noted. A cassette may be excerpted or reproduced and distributed, without further permission from HIFO. However, use of a portion or segment of an audiotape, such as talent, narration or music, may infringe a right of publicity or copyright and permission should be obtained from the source.
- Videotape and Motion Picture recordings are not protected by copyright unless noted. A recording may be reproduced and distributed, without further permission from HIFO. Copyrighted music or footage, which is incorporated in a production, may not be used unless permission is obtained from the copyright owner. While in most instances using non-copyrighted segments is permitted, use for a commercial purpose of a portion or segment containing talent or a recognizable person may infringe a right of publicity and permission should be obtained from the talent or recognizable person. These guidelines also apply to HIFO’s “live television” satellite broadcasts.
For answers to additional questions, contact:
Hawai‘i Island Film Office
County of Hawai’i Department of Research and Development
25 Aupuni St.
Hilo HI 96720
HIFO’s Use of Third Party Media
HIFO makes every attempt to use media on our web pages (e.g., graphics, artwork, sounds), provided by other parties, that is free for use or in the public domain. If you notice copyright violations on a HIFO web page, please contact the Web Administrator. Of course, it is not our intention to use material illegally. Many items are collected from the Internet, where copyright information is often not available.